Draytons Community Association

Living in the Draytons in West Ealing

Post Office vans parking on double yellow lines

Just wanted to check if anyone else objects to this. Post Office vans are curently parking on double yellow lines on Drayton Road and Manor Road which makes it difficult and dangerous to access these roads in your car safely especially at weekends.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its a nightmare and I've seen a few near accidents with people unable to see cars coming down either road. Would be good if they could at least keep the corners clear.
Di
This came up at the neighbourhood forum a couple of weeks ago and there was some objection from neighbours in our street in Draytojn Ave. It can get really congested, difficult to turn into the Draytons off Manor Road and is difficult to cross the road there with kids etc. Would be better if they all parked down Manor road instead but not sure whether this is practical for them - and might cause a problem for people in Manor Road.
There's no question that when the PO vans are parked on the corners it represents serious hazard. That's why its would be unlawful even if it were not already double yellowed. I don't believe it would be unreasonable for the DCA to make a quiet representation to the sorting office's manager, (which could be a short polite but firm note), and, should this prove ineffective, then to escalate the matter via our police contacts.

The problem of course is symptomatic of a separate, wider, issue. What little parking there is in the Draytons is already grossly over-subscribed and because its currently unrestricted is now attracting a significant amount of commercial vehicle and commuter parking on top of normal residential demands. But that's another thread!
When the post office applied for planing permission to build whatever it is they are building on the corner did they use their original van parking area? and is that why this has become such a problem?
Some photographs from Sunday 16th August, not as bad as some days, but a van parked so near the corner it was making it dangerous to enter and exit Drayton Road and the same van parked on the kerb. Perhaps the reason so many kerb stones are broken?

I think it's v unsafe. As a resident of Manor Road I cross at that corner on a daily basis. Not only do the postal vans obstruct your view of oncoming traffic but they are often parked so close to one another that it can mean you have to literally squeeze through the small gap that is left.

Xanthe
I have contacted Royal Mail Customer services, lets see what happens.

Xanthe Done said:
I think it's v unsafe. As a resident of Manor Road I cross at that corner on a daily basis. Not only do the postal vans obstruct your view of oncoming traffic but they are often parked so close to one another that it can mean you have to literally squeeze through the small gap that is left.

Xanthe
Hi Gerald,
Just to pick this discussion up again - did you ever get a response from the Royal Mail about our concerns? I'm assuming not.
Rachel

Gerald Power said:
I have contacted Royal Mail Customer services, lets see what happens.

Xanthe Done said:

Xanthe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Gerald Power.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service